Wednesday’s WOD is short but tough! It’s called 11-11-11, and your goal is to finish in 11 minutes or less. Can you beat Gary’s best time of 9:33? Give it a try and let us know!
11 box jumps
11 single leg squats, per leg
11 lunge jumps (per leg, alternating legs)
11 clapping push-ups
11 handstand or decline pushups
11 plank walkouts
Good nutrition is essential for a healthy immune system, and to achieve this you should attempt to include the following items in your diet on a regular basis:
- Protein – helps with healing and recovery. You can find this in seafood, lean meat, poultry, eggs, beans and peas, soy products and unsalted nuts and seeds
- Vitamin A – helps fight against infections by keeping tissues in the skin, mouth, stomach, intestines and respiratory system healthy, as these are all common entry points for pathogens. Look for this in sweet potatoes, carrots, broccoli, spinach, red bell peppers, apricots and eggs.
- Vitamin C – helps stimulate your body to create antibodies. Sources include citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruit and tangerines, or red bell pepper, papaya, strawberries and tomato juice.
- Vitamin E – functions as an antioxidant and is found in sunflower seeds, almonds, vegetable oils (such as sunflower or safflower oil), hazelnuts and peanut butter.
- Zinc – helps wounds heal. Look for this in lean meat, poultry, seafood, milk, whole grain products, beans, seeds and nuts.
If you have the desire to get moving but need the accountability that comes with working out with a group and a fitness instructor on a regular basis, consider joining our virtual classes. All fitness levels are welcome, and our instructors are adept at tailoring the workout to your abilities and limitations. If you need help getting started, contact us, and we’ll walk you through the process. We want you to be #NuFITStrong now more than ever!