It’s Sunday, so that means a day to rest and recover – unless you missed a workout earlier this week! It’s our last virtual class that’s open to everyone, so join Selena for Pilates at 9:00 AM. If you haven’t signed up to join us next week, be sure to do so soon. Never miss a Monday and a chance to start your week off right! Our virtual workouts can be done by anyone, anywhere! It helps to have some equipment at home, including a large ball, resistance bands, free weights (kettlebells, dumbbells or both) and a mat. If you’d like to order a Yoga mat, large exercise ball and resistance bands for home use, please fill out this form. We are also renting out dumbbells and kettlebells for home use at this time. Contact us, if you’d like to rent any additional equipment.
We want to hear from you! Let us know if you’d like Virtual Cycling classes on the schedule by taking this short survey.
Here are some tips from Annslee to help with portion control:
1. Make a fist (this is approximately 1 cup) and use to portion starches (i.e., rice, pasta, cereal and potatoes) and other carbohydrates such as yogurt and fruit
2. Stay “single” with a choice of single pre-portioned snacks such as nuts, popsicles, chips, mini ice cream (when craving) like the mini Ben & Jerry’s.
3. Create your own snack using snack sized baggies to stay within a reasonable portion.
4. Bake sweet treats in muffin pans.
5. Use smaller plates and eating utensils.
6. Ask yourself if you’re hungry or if you’re eating as an emotional reaction.
Our fitness instructors can’t wait to see you, your family and your friends staying #NuFITStrong online with us this week!