Unfortunately, our emails are being sent to SPAM folders and blocked due to their frequency. Going forward, we will post WODs and updates to our website. Please check this on a regular basis. We will also make an effort to post to Facebook, as many of you are active on there as well.
Monday marks the first day of virtual classes – hooray! Be sure to login to WellnessLiving and view the schedule. This will be updated each week to reflect classes for the following week. This week is available to everyone at no charge – so take full advantage of it! We’d love to see your smiling and sweaty faces again!
If you missed it today, here’s the information that was sent out regarding virtual classes:
- Reference WellnessLiving for class times throughout the week. The first class will be a Pilates class with Selena from 9 AM-10 AM Monday morning. You may sign up for the class in WL, but it is not necessary this week.
- Download the Jitsi Meet app (https://jitsi.org/downloads/) to your phone, tablet or computer. Create a login using any of the options you’d like. Five minutes before class is to begin, enter “nufitforyouclass” into the “ Enter room name” box in the application. Please DO NOT do this any earlier, as the instructor needs to create the session in order to have full control. If you incidentally enter the meeting before the instructor, you create the session, and you are in charge!
- Depending on whether you’re using a phone, tablet or computer to display the class, you will see a slightly different interface. You can toggle between audio, video and both being active or off during the session. It is a very user-friendly application, but we are happy to help if you have any questions. The view will be best on a larger screen.
- No need to worry about having an active membership for classes this week – they are all available to everyone! All prior memberships are on an indefinite hold until we reopen the facility, and no one is currently being charged. After this week a new membership will be available for virtual classes. Details will be provided at a later date. So, if you have a friend who is wanting to try out the virtual classes this week, feel free to invite them to join!
All classes this week can be done without fitness equipment; however, if you have some available, feel free to use it. Moving forward, we will incorporate equipment into our workouts. If you plan to continue the virtual workouts, you may want to acquire the following items:
- Large exercise ball
- Resistance band(s)
- Yoga mat
- Dumbbells (https://dailyburn.com/life/fitness/how-to-build-muscle-fast-pick-weights/)
- Kettlebell (https://www.kettlebellsusa.com/pages/what-size-kettlebell-should-i-buy)
NuFIT is offering a package that includes a Yoga mat, a large exercise ball (based on your height), and three resistance bands of varying levels (you choose between a beginner or an advanced set) for $45 total. If you would like to purchase this package, please let us know ASAP so that we can place the individual orders. The items will be yours to keep. Sign up here, and charges will be added to your WellnessLiving account. Cash, check and credit card are acceptable payment methods. This purchase is also open to the general public. You will be notified when the items are ready for pickup at the gym.
If you would like to rent a pair of dumbbells and/or a kettlebell from us, the cost is a one-time fee of $10/item. You may keep these for home use until we issue a recall in anticipation of reopening the gym.
If you can’t meet up with Selena at 9 AM, do this WOD:
Tabata Push-Ups and Lunges
“Tabata” means to perform a move for 20 seconds, rest for 10 seconds, and repeat. Set a clock for 8 minutes and do Tabata exercises, alternating push-ups and lunges. Add weights for an additional challenge. If you’re feeling extra ambitious, add more time or more exercises.
Don’t forget about your gut bacteria, called the gut microbiota, and how important it is for your overall health! Any disruption in the balance is linked to many chronic diseases such as obesity. Be sure to eat probiotic foods like yogurt, sauerkraut, fiber as well take probiotic supplements to keep it in check. Fiber helps fuel your gut bacteria. If you’re looking for a probiotic to try, we sell Advocare’s at the gym.
Be sure to join us tomorrow to kick-start our week of virtual workouts!